Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Art Gets Used

Something pretty eventful happened yesterday - my art was put for the first time on a public non-gaming website. I can still hardly believe it! It seems awesome that so soon after I started with digital art it would already be used professionally.

I was requested by the Secretary of the Burbank Titans Youth Football and Cheerleading Association (or just Burbank Titans) to make a banner for their registration site, as the old one wouldn't work anymore due to them adding wrestling to the mix. The Secretary is a good friend of mine, and having seen some of my art felt it wouldn't hurt to ask.

What he wanted was something simple - no flashy graphics or anything. Just the Titan's logo (which is actually highly similar to the Tennessee Titans' logo, only colored purple and white) next to the words "Burbank Titans" and "Football|Cheerleading|Wrestling". He suggested I could possibly have a fading purple background behind it. And so I began my work.

The main obstacle was that the only picture he had of the logo was a very poor quality Jpeg. As a result, I had to completely remake it. After that, the text and background were relatively easy.

Click here to link to the site. The banner I made is top center. My friend says it looks "beautiful" and "pretty sharp". And I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out myself.

Before too much longer he's going to become webmaster of the actual site. It's a good thing, too - it seriously needs some work. He'll be able to bring it around. 

There's more to it than that, though. He wants my help with it! I'm going to be redesigning most of the graphics for the website. I won't get paid anything, but it's an excellent opportunity to get my work out there in the open. I have to get my name out there, and let people know who I am. This will be a good way to go about doing that.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats hun! Don't forget that you'll be making a logo for me too!!! We should probably get on that too lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we should. Need to get working on that soon. I'll start as soon as I have the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete