To someone who's always been there for me
An Apology
Sweetheart, I know I'm not the best.
I know that I can't be.
I screwed up last night, like the rest;
You still put up with me.
With patience only angels keep,
You somehow saw it through,
But now I've realized, I dug deep,
How much hurt did I do?
For all the love that you give me,
I threw it in your face.
I'm lower than the low; I see
That I'm so commonplace.
A slip of anger caused more harm
Than rain of bullets could,
And I would give up both my arms
If it'd do any good.
Oh, you're my love so true, sweet pea,
The saviour of my dreams.
I was so lucky you found me -
A miracle, it seems.
And never does a day pass where
I don't look to the skies
Thanking god in silent prayer
For each look in your eyes
Your eyes, they shine - shame to the stars,
So lifeless next to yours.
They steal my glances from afar
And stand like open doors
Into your soul - their brown pools swirl
Like rainbows framed with gold
And sparkling like diamonds, girl,
Within, my heart they hold
Your hair, so long and beautiful
You did it all for me
Cascading downwards to your shoulders
In splendor; majesty.
Although I know you'd rather it
Dyed hues of green and blue
My love, it I appreciate
More than you ever knew
Your lips, so full, so red, so sweet,
So perfect for your face
A kiss from them, however soft -
I hunger for a taste.
Your nose, you think is far too wide,
Truly, it couldn't be.
If you tried to change it, it'd not
Suit you as beautifully.
Oh, baby, I know I don't say
As often as I should,
I love you, and I'm proud of you.
And many times you've stood
And facing the storm of my anger
You've ridden it straight through.
You take some much from home and work,
And then you get to me.
Not always there for you, I know,
But I do try to please,
While everything I do for you,
You give it back in threes.
Oh, I'm so proud of you, my love -
You've changed so much for me.
You went from violent to a dove
To loving and so sweet.
Tastes of goth and emo you hid,
All so I wouldn't leave
You. Oh, I love you so strongly girl,
And hear this, for it's true:
You're my heart, my breath, my world.
I'm sorry I hurt you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment