It didn't take me long to calm down and start wondering how I would fix it. I considered sending it somewhere out of the question. So, I did a bit of poking around and decided it was the power switch, where it connected to the motherboard. Unfortunately, I didn't have the tools to get that far into the insides to actually find evidence of this. The power switch on this particular laptop is located in the hinge - not a smart place to put anything with wires. Opening and closing the laptop wiggles the wires around, and when you open it and close it enough, they of course come loose. I figured this was what had happened.
Less than a week ago, I finally got my folks to take my laptop somewhere to get it fixed, and the problem was exactly what I thought it had been. Of course, the morons who my laptop was taken to (I didn't pick them out, so the blame is not on me) claimed that my laptop was missing six screws, as well as having a twisted ribbon cable they needed to rebuild. In actuality, there were only two screws missing, and I never got far enough into my laptop to even see a ribbon cable. But still, they demanded $99 for the repairs. Sounds kind of put-on to me, but there's not much I can do. From now on, I'm going to record any poking around on the insides of my laptop on video.
But, now, finally, in late August, I'm back! I've gotten a ton of work done (on our eMachine desktop), and I have plenty to talk about, discuss, and show. Hopefully it'll be a while before I run out of stuff to put in here. These incredibly interesting topics include the growing of grass, how long it takes for a piece of paper to decay 5%, and exactly how much glass it takes to make a light bulb. No, I'm kidding. They actually include my thoughts on chivalry vs. feminism, the creation of a superAI (is it possible, and if so, how), the comparison of AI types, a novel I finished writing recently, progress on various programs of mine, my work on the biggest project I've ever attempted, various random poems, and much, much more.
On a different note, I'm not going to be putting anything about my personal relationships into this blog anymore, so don't worry about that. I've deleted several posts of mine that involved that kind of thing. But away from such subjects! (And here I fling it out the window like Count Dracula and the razor.) Let's focus on those things that are actually impressive or interesting to my readers from now on! My personal ranting can go somewhere else where it is more appreciated. But hey - I'm back.
No comments:
Post a Comment