No, it really has been - over a year. A lot has happened... a lot of good things have happened to me, and by the same token, so have a lot of very, very bad things.
I guess I'll start with the good. I need to start working on this blog again, but after I permabanned myself from writing about anything remotely related to my relationships, it became significantly more difficult to come up with something good to write about. I guess that just goes to show how much of my life I pour into my relationships, right? I'm pretty sure that that can't possibly be a good thing, but at least it's something I can take note of and, hopefully, improve.
I'll start with the most recent thing. Last October I got involved with a game design project called Trillek, but, when it became clear they were going nowhere fast (actually, they hit a dead end and fell apart), I split off from that group and joined up with another project: ExoVerse. This is just going to be a short post, and I don't want to spoil too much, but I think it might be beneficial to post a picture here of what I made. Just one picture, of course - I'll save the others for another time.
I can't take credit for everything in this picture, sadly. The starfield was a joint effort, and the blue sun is the work of the project leader (I just edited it a little). Everything else is mine, as is the render. Yes, I know it really needs work... but on the plus side, I learned 3d modeling in less than two months, so that was nice. I also learned Java and OpenGL in the same two months, so things were very busy for me then. I got a lot done, and I learned a lot, but it also left me feeling completely burned out.
On the down side, the project leader for ExoVerse didn't stick around, and the group fell apart. ExoVerse was never completed. I'm not going to blame the guy, though, it wasn't his fault: he ran into some medical complications that disabled him enough that he couldn't continue. It was a sad day for me, but, I'm still here, so I did eventually get over it.
Right now, I'm mostly working on A Skulker's Tale - that book I mentioned a couple years ago. I started putting effort into it again, and it's almost at the end of the third "book". I'm thinking of shoving all four books into a single volume, the same way that Tolkien put six books into his The Lord of the Rings "trilogy". We'll see, though.
In any case, I'm still alive... Single again, but my having someone special to me never seems to last long. Other than that... Hello again.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment