More of What's On My Mind. Random thoughts ahead - proceed with caution.
Have you noticed that every state has something associated with it? Just like people are stereotyped, states get stereotyped, too. For example: Idaho with potatoes. Tennessee with Elvis and country singing. Florida and it's beaches. California and film production. Wisconsin and cheese. And these are just a few that come to mind. Every state's that way. And as a result, we stereotype people from each state accordingly. Anyone from Kentucky must be all redneck, we assume. If you're from New York, you're going to get stereotyped as if you lived in the city - loud, loving action and excitement. Somebody from California would be stereotyped as prideful and loud, or maybe cool and suave. Somebody from Texas would be thought of as having strong moral values. But just like all stereotypes, none of those are correct. Only a small percentage of Florida is covered with beaches. Wisconsin isn't all about cheese. Only a small percentage of Georgia has to do with peaches. And as to someone from New York - the state and the city are two different things, although we may not often think about it.
I don't like cows. Don't ask me why - I just don't like them. I don't know why, really. I've never liked them. Big, smelly... Maybe I'm stereotyping them, but you try accidentally witnessing one taking a dump and then come back and tell me you're not scarred for life.
For some people, not even the best-laid plans can keep you from being late. Why is that? No matter how hard these poor people try, they always end up late. They can plan months ahead, and still end up being late. How weird is that? Some people are almost incapable of being on time. No matter how hard they try. Are they subconsciously trying to keep from being on time? Do they have some deep, hidden phobia about punctualness? The world may never know...
I hate birthdays. Well, to be more precise, not all birthdays, just my birthdays. Why? Simple. They're never celebrated the way I'd like them to be. And how would I like them celebrated? Let's see...
I get up on time. Six o' clock. I'm not sleeping in just because it's my birthday. After that, everyone treats me normally. Maybe a polite "happy birthday" thrown in, but other than that, I don't want anyone making a huge deal out of it. Later, no cake. Yes, you heard me. No cake. Ice cream, maybe - but frosting is too sweet for my tastes. I can't take the sugar. Makes me feel sick. And as to the blowing out of the candles - sure, I guess it's a fun tradition, but I don't want to be the center of attention any more than I want Obama to win the next election. Pizza for supper. Some people hate pizza. Sorry about that... But I'd like enough pizza left over to refrigerate. I love cold pizza. What am I forgetting? Oh! Presents. Now, see - I don't like the way that's done. If we could somehow take the presents, and have them spread out over the next week or so, and given to me silently without any fanfare, that's what I'd like. And nothing crazily expensive, either. And I don't want to have to ask for what I get. I hate asking for anything. I've gone without presents several times as a result.
That's all for now. Gotta go back to the hill house - we're almost completely finished moving out. Talk to you all later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment