Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chapter 82 - In Which I Stroke My Ego

I was feeling a bit discouraged, so I went through the Spearbreakers thread looking for my name. What follows is me being stupidly proud of myself. (No, really, I mean it.) These are select quotes from people in the thread, from various points. Yes, my next blog post will actually mean something. No, this one likely contains no important information whatsoever.

kahn1234: dont stop the fan-fiction!
we dont care if is takes place in Spearbreakers or not. things will get confusing if we don't get the whole story.
At least, dont stop Vanya's Journals. they're the most interesting for me.
TheKaspa: @Talvieno: I nominated you as Master Bard in this topic. Take it as a compliment for your work in writing stories.
Mr Frog: Vanya's an awesome character and your writing is impeccable. Just keep rockin'.
Splint: (about a story chapter) Beautiful Talvieno, just beautiful. 
Mr Frog: I'm thinking of soliciting Talvieno's assistance for whatever I do next, assuming he has the time/energy/patience. Not that there aren't other talented writers here, but Talvieno knows my approach to writing and can probably manage my various neuroses a bit better. Plus, he's good at spotting continuity errors, which was a huge issue for me in the past.
Splint: I've been busy trying to find the right blend of brutal and balanced with humans so I haven't really had the time to. Some of his stuff seems downright nasty at times though (the radiation mod he worked on springs to mind, and the Scythod.)
Mr Frog: The scary thing is most of the individual stories are pretty short save for those of Talvieno, who seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand :V
Hanslanda: Lol, I give total props to Talvieno for that one. It was quite a joy to be able to write a likable elf interacting with DF dwarves.
Hanslanda: (At a particularly long post of mine) All this. You are a genius. 
Reudh: (about a story chapter) Damn, Talvi, amazing as always. 
Reudh: (about a story chapter) ...Poor Vanya... :'(
That was a great piece, Talvi. You're a great writer. 
Jack Magnus: (about a story chapter) @Talvi: You succeeded with the emotional impact, that's for sure.
Another great piece, Talvi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment