Monday, January 7, 2013

New Laptop

I feel I could almost leave this entire post blank - the title explains everything I could say all by itself. Yes, I got a new laptop. Yes, I am happy with it. It was a gift - and that's pretty extravagant for a gift, in my opinion. It has a wider screen than my laptop, and better specs, but that's not really any surprise. Technology moves forwards, so if you buy something at a later date, logic tells you it'll be better (unless you pay a lot less). But that just about sums everything up, as relating to the title. Therefore, I am going to continue on a few other subjects.

I've sparsely graced the Internet here and there while I was away. The Vanya story (now officially titled "Vanya's Journals" for lack of a better name) has reached far over novel length, and even over the length of two short novels, with a total of over 175,000 words. If it keeps going, I may develop it into a series, as it's mostly received approving reviews. I've had a lot of fun, and learned a lot of things about writing... I've also come to accept that while good at both, I'm a better writer than I am a programmer. That was particularly difficult to accept, too.

In other news, I received my GED last September. For those of you who don't know, the General Education Diploma is, in the US, the equivalent to a standard High School Diploma, for those people who don't go through high school the same way as everyone else. I scored high, in the top 5% in everything, and in the top 1% in science and social studies. Unfortunately, the scores mean nothing... only the diploma does. At least I managed it - it's supposed to be far more difficult than getting a diploma the regular way, and I was scared half to death that I would flunk. I was happy, to say the least, and now I can focus on getting a job.

Also, random... I've been single for over a year now, and I'm fine with it. I didn't think that would ever happen.

And now, something that worries me... Someone that watches (or watched) this blog apparently deleted all their posts (after I left a comment that was meant to be comforting), and made a post about privacy... and how it should be respected... It was posted in August 2012, I just saw it earlier today, and I feel very bad about it now. If you're still around, and if that was directed at me, I am deeply sorry. I post my inner thoughts here, and enjoy when other people read them and respond... it was naive of me to assume that the owner of a vaguely-similar personal blog would feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment