Spazzie created a map for her lands in WildEquines, the roleplaying game she loves.
It's somewhat messy, a little hastily drawn, but it makes sense and has a good structure to it. However, it's not... Well, I figured it could be a little better. So... I created it in Crytek's Sandbox 2 Editor for Crysis. It took me absolutely forever - far, far longer than I thought it would - but it looks incredible. Here are some select screenshots.
 |
| Across the open plains towards the mountains |
 |
| From the top of King's Hill towards the lake at sunrise |
 |
| The waterfall in the caves (yes, I designed an extensive cave system. Unfortunately, I only got this one picture of the inside. High graphics in Crysis almost kill my laptop heatwise. |
 |
| A shot of the cave entrance - I love this shot. Look at the lighting on the blades of grass. It's so amazingly epic. |
 |
| Across the lake river towards the mountain. Try to ignore the lack of grass in the foreground, that was my own fault. Look at the shadows and such beneath the trees on the far bank. It looks amazing. |
 |
| Across the lake towards King's Hill at sunset. Technically, the lighting is for sunrise, but I got north and south swapped when I created the map, and it's all wrong. This is where the sun should be at sunset. |
 |
| The edge of the border forest near the meadow in early morning. Again, it was supposed to be late afternoon, but I got north and south mixed up. |
I think I did a pretty good job of it all. It's been all I've worked on for the past few days. I'm not exactly sure how happy she is with it... She says it looks good, but I never got any clear indication that she liked it. But I did my best. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment