Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another 20/20 - Wishes, Thankfulness

Twenty Things I Wish I Could Do

  1. Fly - It'd be cool, and you don't need to save for gas money.
  2. Use directed telekinesis - Very, very cool.
  3. Write retail-quality software - I want what I do to mean something to someone.
  4. Work on a team of programmers - Being a lone wolf isn't always a good thing.
  5. Be an inspiration to someone - This would make my life.
  6. Invent something useful - Something to make people's lives better, even if I didn't get any credit.
  7. Make a difference in the world - Is it selfish to want to leave your mark?
  8. Sing while playing the guitar - I can't seem to manage it... but it'd help.
  9. Never need sleep - I hate having to... If I could plug into the wall and charge while on my laptop...
  10. Become famous - It's probably selfish to want to be famous, but really, I just want to be noticed.
  11. Remember things more effectively - My memory isn't that great.
  12. Draw well - My programs lack artistically, and I have no artist willing to help.
  13. Go to DeVry - Computer college.
  14. Make someone laugh - I love it, but it's all too rare.
  15. Be there for someone - I don't know, it makes me feel useful, needed.
  16. Get a new computer - My laptop is falling apart... and it's out of date. Yes, I'm a geek.
  17. Publish a book to critical acclaim - Wouldn't that be something...
  18. Meet someone new - It doesn't happen often enough.
  19. Go somewhere I've never been - If once a year, imagine how many places you'd go in a lifetime.
  20. Have a relationship that didn't almost kill me - Somehow I haven't learned.

Twenty Things I'm Thankful I Can't Do
  1. Tell the future - There are, I admit, a few things better left as surprises.
  2. Keep up with sports - Too much to keep track of.
  3. Change the past - If you change the past, you change yourself.
  4. Be intentionally inexcusably rude - I can't make myself do it.
  5. Get high on drugs - Unavailability and lack of know-how make my life a lot easier - and why ruin it?
  6. Intentionally belch loudly - Come on - it's gross.
  7. Make furniture - I don't have any more room for it.
  8. Collect books - My bookshelf is overflowing as it is.
  9. Sew - A useless skill in my situation - and where would I keep the stuff I made?
  10. Eat until I'm stuffed - I don't have to worry about staying fit.
  11. Get on the radio - I wouldn't know what to say.
  12. Talk to the president - I've a lot to say to him about what he's done with NASA (and other things).
  13. Hold grudges - I just can't do it. I forgive all too easily.
  14. Build a time machine - The temptation to use it would be too strong to resist.
  15. Shoot - If I had a gun, I'd want to use it all the time... For absolutely no reason.
  16. Kill animals - I hate killing anything.
  17. Join the military - I just don't feel it's my place.
  18. Judge people - People say it's true, and they like it. Why would I want to change it?
  19. Play badminton - Where would I play? The skill would do me no good.
  20. Relive old memories - I have more bad than good.

No comments:

Post a Comment