Here's a lot of random pre-release Alien Invasion images:
 |
| 2x scale, before I added in directional smoke. This demonstrates the curving motion of the guided missiles, and how the weapons can get knocked out. |
 |
| Smoke tests - the smoke was far too dark in this battle, as you can see - the destroyed ships have almost completely faded out. |
 |
| A battle I played with my brothers. If you look at the top left, you'll notice that the guided missiles (green lines) aren't auto-targeting once their initial target is destroyed. This bug has been fixed. Also, at the bottom left, you can see that the missiles (thick green lines) coming from the Checkerboard ship aren't actually coming from the guns themselves, but rather ~7 pixels in front. This has been fixed as well. |
 |
| Another battle without corrected guided missile AI or directional smoke. Played this one with my brothers as well. We've done quite a bit of playtesting... |
 |
| A test for directional smoke, utilizing mainly the ship design which I called "Firefly", named so because it's based on a ship from the TV series of the same name. |
 |
| 1x scale. This battle was entirely experimental - my brothers didn't participate. It clearly demonstrates the directional smoke - but I've adjusted it since then to make it stamp faster and appear somewhat thinner. |
 |
| And finally, a game I played with my brothers just a few hours ago, with corrected guided missile algorithms, directional smoke and more. This is as small as you can get the ships - 0.5 scale. |
I currently have 72 ships in the catalog for the players to choose from. I'm aiming for 100, but we'll see.
A unique feature of Alien Invasion is that the larger your screen is, the more money you start out with, and the more ships you can buy. If you had an ultra-wide screen, you could make a truly incredible battle. They look intimidating after they're done, yes, but they're easily understandable while you're playing them.
No comments:
Post a Comment