Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cody Meets his First Cow


I've got a funny little story to tell! Cody, our little dog, met his first cow today!

Cody's always been a city dog. We used to let him run around our backyard, but that was before we moved here. Here, the fence doesn't attach to the sides of the house, and he can get to the road, so we have to walk him ourselves now.

He's a really perky little guy. Nothing ever gets him down, he's always nice to everybody, and he's smart, too! He knows not to jump up on you to get petted unless you ask him to, and to never jump up if you're just wearing shorts. He's small, but he's got a big heart, and he's really curious! He's at least five years old, but he isn't showing signs of slowing down any time soon.

Now, our backyard backs up to this open, wooded area, and I've never really seen any cows there. But today there were some. Maybe fifteen or so. Anyway, while I was walking him, he saw the cows. And of course he had to go see! I can imagine what was going through his mind: "Ooh!! Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh!!!! Really BIG dogs!! I bet they want to play!! Play play play play play!!!!" So I let him off his leash.

He was so happy! He practically bounced up to those "big dogs", and was trying to figure out a way through the fence when one of them turned towards him.

"Yes! Yay! Hi! Hi! Hi hi hi hi hi!!! Big Dog, look at me! Look at me! Hey, you could move the fence!! Move the fence! Do you wanna play? Wanna play, Big Dog?"

But "Big Dog" didn't want to play. Big Dog, now a few feet from Cody, let out a big moo. And Cody nearly flipped in his scramble to get away!

Don't worry about Cody, though! He was completely over his fright in a matter of seconds, and back over at the fence, happy as ever! Except this time I think he was glad he was friends with the fence!

No comments:

Post a Comment