Monday, January 11, 2010

Q: Do Programmers Actually Write Poetry?

A: They like to think they do:

Milady, with the loveliest of hair and the prettiest of eyes, can you find it in your heart...
To rescue me?
Can you, with your perfect lips and beautifully crafted eyebrows, convince the Lord above to set me free?
God constructed your kind with a rib from Adam.
But, indeed, He gave you one of His.

Fly, swift maiden, to the skies where you belong!
Hearken to thy Master's bidding. He requests you sing a song.
Yet, indeed, you sing like His angels. Where did you get such a voice? Did He breathe the voice of a songbird into thy beautiful mouth?

Did He mentor you Himself, before you were born?
Nay, it can be none of these, that on you I can adorn.
Yet of you it can be said, O loveliest lady:
The Lord Himself spent extra time when He created thee.

I, The Guest, aka the Atypical Programmer, consider it to be poetry. Do you?
But, then, as it comes from one who considers this understandable:

If option[3] = 1 Then
  drawing.ColorRGB (red[3],green[3],blue[3])
  For i = 1 To 3 * Size
  drawing.PutPixel(random(41 * Size,59 * Size),random(41 * Size,59 * Size))
  Next
End If

It may not be very good poetry at all. If it is, I am indeed atypical. If it isn't, then I'm just full of myself. I probably am. It's happened before. I wrote this two years ago, by the way.

1 comment:

  1. Tell me what you think! What do you think of my poetry, now that it has its long-awaited debut. I'm interested in hearing any suggestions you have about what I could change to make it better.

    ReplyDelete