Monday, February 8, 2010

I Write Sheet Music


I found an awesome program recently (no, I didn't make it) called MuseScore. It's a free open source program that lets you create sheet music. It plays the notes as you put them down, so that you can write by ear instead of memorizing the notes. So, a couple days ago I wrote my first music. And here it is. I know it's short (about 2 min 20 sec) - I'm just learning, after all. First attempt. It's meant for a piano, but it might be unplayable - notes get too far apart sometimes. MuseScore created a wav file for it, and after I converted it to an mp3, I found a way to get it up here. It's at the bottom of this post.

Here it is. I call it "Last Regrets". I don't know why - the name fits, somehow. But the name doesn't actually mean anything.
























Powered by Podbean.com

Just so you know, there's one note where the mp3 and the sheet music don't match up. The sheet music is the correct version.

No comments:

Post a Comment