What follows is a small collection of poems that I've written. The first two are unique to this post, the next three are recent, and the last three I wrote a few years ago.
It's funny, isn't it? We swear off of what hurts us most, and find ourselves irresistibly drawn back to it. A never-ending cycle of torture and bliss it truly is.
Really, though – why aren't programmers stereotyped as sensitive poets? If women would take the time to see past their nerdiness, they'd fall in love with them. Well, maybe not… As shallow as men can be, women love muscular men. Programmers usually aren't. But they're still men; living, breathing, loving men.
Or maybe it's just me…?
Hating to Love
We savor that which comes our way,
Enjoying every sunny day.
It brightens the approaching gloom,
Which spawns from our impending doom.
Why do we love to love?
And yet we love to hate.
I hide you – oh, so like a dove –
From cruel and twisted fate.
Enjoying every sunny day.
It brightens the approaching gloom,
Which spawns from our impending doom.
Why do we love to love?
And yet we love to hate.
I hide you – oh, so like a dove –
From cruel and twisted fate.
For a friend
The sun dances above the trees,
The birds fluttering in the breeze.
My mind wanders; I think of you,
The one who holds my love so true.
Why am I afraid to lose you
When you're not even mine?
And how am I not yours, my love?
My heart resides with thine.
If you could read me like a book,
You'd instantly know that I look
Unlike I feel; I hide away.
Behind my smile, no sunny day
Has reached. And yet I sit and cry
While day and gloomy day goes by,
Wond'ring what life would've been
If what I know now I'd known then.
Love Past
O my sweet love, where hast thou gone?
Whatever did I do?
Thy lovely face I dream of now,
But gone to where are you?
I could have told you then, I know.
My love for you was true.
And all the many years it's been,
I could have spent with you.
Though you don't know if I loved you,
Nor I if you loved me,
I'll give to you my love so true,
For all eternity.
I've been workin
ReplyDeleteFaFaFeel only a little alone
It has a big effect, though its never shown.
rename a vacation to ''majestic tone''
now Iv' e given full thought to every last piece
its got a hand on the pan and it helps me feel relieved
and the trigger is
tail meets i' ll choke because of earth's automatic leash joined with a box of limited beliefs
but I blend my beliefs coming from the streets
tell me what you think
you know my door is locked and guarded.
do you comprehend your blind?
aimless I paint my gears,
that operate my mind
it has amended from stock focus,
and it holds good use of time
when the only things I hear are,
my peers who choose dead branch to climb
I' m the only who does suppose I am a freak?
even when I' m color full,
changelessly i' ll think.
so when I' m collective i do lick,
when I' m weary i' m unique.
and when I' m lifted you' ll have to seek.
I' m unplugged in every social situation,
because i hide it in my cheek?
I' ll record your acts while i am shaping...
to achieve a better greet.
maybe its just a syndrome,
that' s made of concrete?
Nice poetry... Flows smoothly. Not sure I understand all of it, but still... It's awesome. I like it. Thanks for posting this. :)
ReplyDelete