Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Programmers VS Valentine's Day

I was messing around with Google statistics and I found an unusually large amount of people looking for things related to both programmers and Valentine's Day - as if it was something you could search for. Things like "programmer valentine", for instance.

In my opinion, programmers are every bit as romantic as any other guy - possibly (probably) even more so. Being around a computer all day would make them lonely, and working with words all day would give them a bit of an edge with poetry. If you wanted to do something special for a programmer on Valentine's Day, you wouldn't really have to go out of your way to make a point of them being a programmer - you could just be yourself. They'd appreciate the thought, and the fact that you weren't stereotyping them.

It could also be said that I'm attempting to take advantage of this trend... but let's ignore that, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment