Thursday, February 2, 2012

Random Facts About Me

Random facts about me (35 of them). This is copy-pasted, for the most part... I don't generally answer this kind of thing, so enjoy.
...No, seriously, you'd better enjoy the freak out of it. (kidding, I don't do a good tough-guy act, I know)


1. I don't usually have favorites of anything - I'm just as happy with coca-cola as I am with sprite, root beer or pepsi, for example.
2. My favorite color is blue. <-- 2b. I love contradicting myself.
3. I play the guitar. 3b. I don't know the names of any chords. (lol) Nor can I sing while playing.
4. I sing in the shower (on occasion). I also occasionally sing while taking walks outside...
5. I like taking aimless, pointless walks outside - it gives me a chance to think.
6. I hate being outside. <-- 6b. I'm lying.
7. I haven't skated since I was 14, but when I did, I didn't skate so much as run on the toe stopper of my 4-wheel skates until I had enough speed to glide along. 7b. To make up for 6: I occasionally write the odd bit of poetry. For no real reason.
8. I was given a stuffed cat, whom I named Junya, when I was 3. I still have her. 8b. Junya is missing 3/4 of the lengths of her fur because of a "haircut" and is faded because of various toilet water "baths" I gave her... Along with stuffing her in my pants. (Give me a break, I was 3.)
9. When I was 15ish (14,16, one of those), I used 6' landscaping timbers to turn my backyard at the house I grew up in into a dirtbike track (and then a mudbike track, after it rained), which my brothers and I rode our bikes on until A. the backyard was mush, and B. Our bikes were non-functional.
10. I started programming at the age of 10... However, being entirely self-taught, for a long time my programs were nothing more than "guess which pot the kitten is hiding behind!"
11. I don't watch that much TV... I do on occasion, but I usually just don't know what's on, and don't feel like waiting around to find out. 11b. I don't really care overmuch about sports, either - I just don't find them interesting.
12. I love reading. <-- 12b. Understatement.
13. I finished writing a novel last year, while my laptop was out of commission. It follows the theme of the majority of my books... Superheroes. 13a. The first book I wrote was a 1k word story called "Super Fork" in third grade. It was about a fork with super powers... >.> yes, laugh. I do. =P
14. I used to be full of myself. However, thanks to my superior intellect and incredible willpower, I mastered these lesser flaws and turned myself into the incredible specimen of awesomeness that I am today. <--- 14b. No, really, I used to be full of myself. I was the smart kid in school that everybody looked up to and looked down on simultaneously. But I never quite grasped the latter... I had a high opinion of myself, didn't really care about anybody.
15. I hate pimento cheese. It's the only food I've found that I dislike. I'll happily eat anything but that. 15b. I also feel bad for disliking it... People say I'm too hard on myself. I don't believe it. =P
16. I got my heart broken when I was around 12-14 for the first time... Girl I fell in love with told me she was already with someone else... and didn't consider me enough of a friend to have told me before I asked. She and I had been literally best friends only two years earlier. Still think about her on occasion.
17. I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic. I also like medieval-themed words. 17b. Milady, mine eyes are not accustomed to thy beauty - forsooth, thy dazzling radiance shames the very stars themselves. (I know it's not technically "medieval", but you get the idea)
18. I've lived in three different houses over the course of my life... My official favorite was the one before the one I live in now. God designed the view... but the devil himself designed the lawn (40 degree incline). Mowing it (once a week) felt akin to slow murder.
19. I like all genres of music, though I tend to avoid country and rap to a certain extent. 19b. RELATED RIDDLE: What do you get when you cross country with rap?
20. In every relationship I've ever been in, the girl has left me for someone else in the end. I think it's a curse. Therefore, I am sort of avoiding relationships... Of course, I said I was last time, too... <-- 20b. I have a problem with willpower.
21. I'm odd. I tend to look past people's appearances when I talk to them, admiring them instead for who they are... However, at the same time, I find piercings and large tattoos to be a turn-off... go figure.
22. I love science fiction (NOT paranormal stuff), fantasy (lord of the rings and such), and courtroom thrillers. 22b. I've never read one of Stephen King's books, though I've wanted to get ahold of one... It escapes my mind and I never get around to getting one.
23. I play chess on the off occasion. I am your typical nerd? (perhaps not, World of Warcraft holds no interest to me)
24. I started making games when I was eight, to keep my brother Gregory and myself occupied during the weekends. They started out as being fully comprised of legos, then I moved on to paper and game pieces, then I designed new types of games... Among them Alien Invasion... Which is the game I mentioned that I'm working on - I'm converting it to being playable on a computer. 24b. I'll send you a copy to beta-test, if you can manage to fit the word "unicorn" unobtrusively into your reply to this. Have fun. ;)
25. I enjoy entertaining people for some reason...
26. I like playing harmless pranks on people (in particular, my brothers)... ask me about The Antidote, Anna, or the Tea Fairy sometime.
27. On occasion, I like to insist on things, partially for my own amusement. 27b. I insist you reply in kind. =D
28. I cried a little bit when I watched The Titanic, I'll admit... lol. 28b. not much, it wasn't like I was sobbing or anything... 28c. yeah, I'm regretting telling you that one already.
29. My favorite movie is a tie between "A Beautiful Mind" and "Serenity". 29b. I would recommend the latter, sci-fi fan or not.
30. I always wear jeans. And I always wear t-shirts. 30b. Exception: When I'm going somewhere. Then I may wear khakis.
31. My 3' three-shelf bookshelf in my room is filled to overflowing. I have too many books.
32. When I was 16/17, I had a sort of breakdown moment one night while watching a movie... I'd swore up to that point that I'd never let the loss of my first love get to me (and I'd acted macho and reckless up to that point (hence the dirt bikes and pyrotechnics (whoops, haven't told you about that one yet))), but at that point, the dam broke. I figured out it was my own, selfish, jerklike ways that made me lose any chance with her, and I swore I'd change...
33. The pyrotechnics were fun. Fire is fun, as a rule. (unless you get burnt) 33b. I could elaborate, but I don't want to scare you with the details unless you ask. :)
34. I enjoy astronomy... even to the point of just looking up at the stars at night... 34b. I am seriously a hopeless romantic. lol 34c. This is possibly part of why my swearing off relationships never worked that well.
35. o.O =D I use smilies (>O_O)> altogether too much! ^.^ o_0 =P XD
36. (Because 35 didn't count): I sincerely hope you have a good day tomorrow. =)
37. (because though I meant 36, it didn't count as 35): I have been as far west as Albuquerque, New Mexico... but no farther. I've been as far south as florida, as far north as michigan, and as far east as DC. (or florida).

No comments:

Post a Comment